Week 5, DMA179

After a long day yesterday of trial and error I realized that my t-rex tooth looked more like a sharks fin. So I restarted again today for the 3rd time. As they say 3rd times the charm ๐Ÿ™‚

T-Rex Tooth Super Sculpey Project
Step 1: Make a Wire Frame. I used a metal coat hanger.

Step 2: Make a model of the t-rex tooth with tin foil.

Step 3: Add Super Sculpey and sculpt the tooth.

Step 4: Bake in the oven.

Step 5: Paint the now baked tooth with Primer.

Step 6: Paint the tooth brown and add the final touches.
    
All that’s left is to add in features like the ridges along the sides and smooth it out some more. Then bake and paint. Bought the paints this morning from Canadian Tire cost around $12 for the clear coat and a white primer in spray can format.. Annd that’s it. I had a fun time working on this. Hope to do it again sometime on my own ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s good I didn’t leave this t-rex tooth until the last minute because I’m not too artistic. It takes me double the time it takes others..

Week 5

Week 5 went by pretty fast as most of the previous weeks have. Finished our Sound Scape for DMA155. Since mostly everyone should be finished theirs by now ours is a bank robbery with lots of gun fights and a smashing ending!

In DMA144 Adrian played our video first, which I didn’t want to happen but oh well.. The video has been done for over a week with transitions and music ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m very glad we got perfect on it.

Looked for prices of the Super Scupley today. Curry’s has it listed for $18.95 per pound on their website. Michaels on the other hand didn’t so I stopped by before heading to sq1 and its $21.99 for a pound. Damn expensive imo. Will probably find someone to in halfzies with me and I’ll pick it up probably tomorrow when I’m out doing house calls (tech support).

Friday will be fun filming begins on our final video. I have to dress up since I may have a roll to play ๐Ÿ™‚ But mostly I will be doing the editing and such, which is where I feel the most comfortable.

Earlier today the server where this is hosted was under some sort of attack, so since this blog is very precious to me I’m in the process of setting it up elsewhere. I have to setup rsync and some other stuff. But for now it works. To take a gander head on over to http://joem.biz. At the moment joem.biz is using the mysql from this server. Shortly I’ll setup a script to empty the contents of wp-posts and re-import it all and cp the uploads directory in wp-content on a daily basis. It will be a day behind but it’s better than nothing.

Finished the SoundScape Project on Friday, after reading the instructions we noticed that there had to be intro / outro music. Thankfully the new Celldweller Songs for the Voices in my Head Vol. 2 Chapter 1 dropped the day before.. Have a listen ๐Ÿ™‚

Flash required

Updating the blog in a few minutes to wordpress 3 rc3, which was released last night while filming was taking place.. All done, now to do the same on the backup site.