June 10, 2011 By Leave a Comment
On Tuesday after making more awesome art, Andrew Tedford asked us to post our four favourite pieces. I've made so many that I can't get it down to four. So I have six!
March 12, 2011 By Leave a Comment
Our latest assignment given to us this past Tuesday was to make a digital clock that looks similar to: I had everything except the 12 or 24 hour clock figured out as of 2:45am this morning. But at that point I wasn't thinking straight, and was messing things up so I stopped. Got some rest and while trying to fall asleep it dawned on me.
Since I can't run a function inside of a function (tried it) why not have a selection at frame 1 of either 12 or 24 hours. When someone clicks on the "12hrs" button it takes them to frame 5 where it shows the correct day, time and hours -12 if applicable. If you click "24hrs" it takes you to frame 10 and shows the same clock without subtracting 12 hrs, and the ampm value equals nothing. Whether the visitor clicks on "12hrs" or "24hrs" show the same two buttons at the bottom so they can switch between both clocks. Changed that this afternoon, after talking with fellow classmates at my b-day party last night I figured out how to fix things... The regular 12hr clock is the default, the 24hr clock is on frame 5 and yea, a simple gotoAndStop(5); and viola!
Spent about 20 or 30 minutes adding and troubleshooting that, got it. Then I was finished! But being picky as I am I distributed stuff to different layers and cleaned up the code. Of course I left in my quirky and sometimes angry comments in ;). Made the background smaller and added a slight fade to it on the sides. Had lunch and watched the latest Bones episode. After seeing that smart sniper episode I created the correct html file to go along with the clock and uploaded it. Tested it on four different computers one of those being my MacBook and then finally posted it on basecamp and twitter at pretty much the same time. Not to be an ass kisser but I am first 😛
Here's the final product:
EDIT: Still a little surprised that only Andres and I have posted our clocks, granted his doesn't work exactly as it should but it works..
January 13, 2011 By Leave a Comment
Finished my Oakley Sunglasses flash assignment. To view it go here: http://artxed.com/dma355/oakley
I can't get the buttons to work when the Oakley logo shows up first. Tedford explained it in class, briefly but never changed the code to see if it works.. In theory it should but I spent an hr Tuesday night with no luck. FIXED! I had the Oakley logo up too high 🙂 Not sure of the positioning though..
December 10, 2010 By Leave a Comment
Here's everything I have so far for the Android App Project:
October 13, 2010 By Leave a Comment
Just finished adding the 3 buttons Andrew assigned on #tedfordtuesday! Not sure where he got the copy from will keep searching and update this one if necessary. It's really simple to change.. http://artxed.com/dma205/nissan
October 11, 2010 By Leave a Comment
I was finished earlier until I read the version 2 pdf. Made the appropriate changes and it's finally done. I had fun working on this project, used a lot of skills I learned this semester so far plus a lot I learned at my previous job. Also I've added watermarks because I can... Here are some more pictures of changes I made in class: